August 5, 2009

Rob Swift: All Points Mix Fest

New York cut chemist Rob Swift put on a clinic at last weekend's All Points West Music & Arts Festival in Jersey City.
And no one even knew he was there.
Here's what happened, as I was strolling through the festival grounds Saturday I overheard someone by the State Farm announcing The X-Ecutioner was in the house and doing a live set. Now, I've paid big bucks to see Rob do his turntable juggles in the past, and if what he was saying was the truth and not just a ploy to lure me into the tent, I knew I was in for a treat.
So there Rob was, two turntables and all. And he burned up those tables, too - mixing up rock tracks and cutting and pasting urban calypso. It was a rare treat to see him do his thing up close and personal. Check out the video clip below. 
Rob Swift gets the Led out. Check out that fancy turntable work.

No comments:

Post a Comment